6 Ways to Promote your Blog Organically in 2022
Composing unique and quality articles for your blog is just one piece of the blog while making your blog successful. To increase traffic to your blog and attract more visitors and readers to your blog site, you will need to consider the following blog promotion strategies.
If you manage a blog of any nature, such as a technology blog, fashion, lifestyle, or health-related blog, there are a number of cost-effective ways to promote your blog in 2022. Let’s explore each method one by one.
1. Utilize Search Engine Optimization ( SEO)
When it comes to promoting websites of any nature online, you will stick to optimizing them for the search engine. With effective and good SEO practices, you will be able to rank your blog site higher on SERP (search engine result page), increase visibility and finally attract more visitors to come and consume your blog’s content.
If not familiar with SEO, let’s give you a bit of an intro to the main two ways of doing your blog optimization for better promotion.
2. On-page SEO
On-page refers to the process of managing search engine optimization activities within the realm of your website. It includes looking into multiple things, like technical aspects of the SEO and onsite content management and internal backlinking for better navigation of both search engine crawlers and as well as for visitors.
Onpage SEO typically includes proper keywords research to rank for, curating meta titles and descriptions, and blog content with effective usage of keywords and headings (H1, H2, H3) of the content.
Major Onpage SEO activities checklist
- Keyword Research
- Composing a Meta titles and Meta descriptions with proper usage of keywords that have a search volume as well as have a user-intent.
- Actionable headings and effective usage of keywords synonyms and keyword density to avoid keyword stuffing.
- Inclusion of proper structured URLs and Slugs
- Images Optimization with proper-alt texts
- Blogs writing with proper research and a good amount of word count
3. Off-page SEO
Off-page SEO refers to a list of activities that are out of your website and is one of the major ranking factors and blog’s promotion way in the search engine optimization process. It includes getting linked to others websites with guest blogging on quality websites. The more you can get links from other good publishing websites to your site, the better your site’s rankings and visibility will be on the search engine network. In addition, getting links from authority sites helps boost your blog site authority.
Major off-page SEO tasks checklist
- Guest blogging on relevant and authority sites in your domain.
- Listing your blogsite on various social bookmarking websites and forums. It helps in sending social signals to the search engine and aid in to the visibility and fast indexation of your content.
- Submitting your sites to various blogging directories.
4. Utilize Social Media Platforms
Running a blog without using social media platforms is a naïve idea. Millions of people today use various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Instagram – you know the rest. Sharing your blogs on social media platforms helps find direct traffic to your blogs, and spread awareness about your blog.
Depending on the nature of a blog, many people use either a mixture of social media platforms or stick to fewer. For instance, a blog related to designing and interior décor mostly uses Instagram and Pinterest, and Dribble for better marketing and promotion. Figure out which platform suits your niche and brings you the most visitors.
5. Focus on Quality Content Creation
Content is king but it is not true for every piece of article that you write in your blog. Your blog’s content must be formulated in a way that should address and resolve the end-users query. Lengthy and quality content creation increases the user-dwell time on a blog. Visitors staying longer on a site pay off in terms of the site’s credibility and reduce the bounce rate.
While writing your blog, ask yourself, what is it that your blog post is actually going to resolve? Other key things to consider include
- Length: Each blogpost must be over 1000 words, with effective utilization of keywords density and to avoid keyword stuffing.
- Your blogpost must have inbounded and outbound links and citations to source sites that you many used for the research.
- Include stats and figurers for better user understating.
- Navigate visitors from one post to other relevant posts for increasing the dwell time, user engagement and clicks.
- Visual content has higher retention and click through rate. If you are in a niche where you can come up with creating and sharing visual content frequently, such as short videos and infographics. It will come very handy for your blog promotion as well user engagement.
6. Updating Existing Content
You don’t need to publish a full-length blog on a daily basis, but rather you can also focus on updating the existing content. Include news states, insights, and other minor changes to the current blogs that are published on your site for better rankings and passing on value to the users.
While updating existing content, be mindful of the fact that doesn’t alter the slug of the content as the Search engine will then consider it as new content that might lead to duplication issues.
Muhammad Junaid is a Senior Analyst, Search Engine Expert, and CEO of Rank Higher. Extensive experience in SEO, Analytics, Research, and Blogging. Work for years with local and international enterprises for 7+ years. Also, represent well-known brands in the UAE.